About the Library
About the Library
The Munday Library is the result of a $13 million donation from Pat and Bill Munday. Built over 10 months in 2012-2013, it is designed to bring together students and faculty from all disciplines for creative collaboration and to encourage digital and information literacy.
The open and expansive information commons provides access to comfortable study spaces and computers in a variety of settings, including a quiet space for focused study. The commons features free printing, including wireless printing from personal laptops, scanning and copier facilities.
In order to provide the best and most up-to-date resources, with convenient and equitable access for all Hilltoppers, the Library transitioned to a digital-first collection development model in the summer of 2020. We provide over 700,000 e-books, hundreds of thousands of streaming videos, over one hundred subject-specific and general-purpose databases, thousands of scholarly journals, and much more. For more information about our collections, please contact Collection Management Librarian Bonnie Hauser at email@example.com.
Our welcoming and comfortable Lounge is stocked with newspapers, magazines, puzzles, and board games. Spacious, well-lit work and study areas, including designated quiet zones, provide ample space for collaborative and individual work. Private study rooms with state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment are available to reserve in advance and are ideal for mapping out team projects and honing multimedia presentation skills.
The Library also houses:
- Two Global Digital Classrooms.
- The University Archives, which holds St. Edward’s University historical documents and memorabilia, along with a unique collection of rare books, artifacts, 2,300 jazz records (and three decades of jazz periodicals).
- The Writing Center, a free service for currently enrolled students, faculty and staff to aid with all types of writing, ranging from assigned papers to resumes to Powerpoint presentations.
- The Digital Media Center, which lends digital equipment in addition to providing two video editing stations and a sound recording booth available to the campus community.
The Library is the heart of the University’s intellectual experience. We affirm the St. Edward's University mission and its foundations within the Holy Cross tradition to educate and inspire students to be lifelong learners. We acquire, preserve, and make accessible credible resources, teach the effective use of information, support the discovery, analysis, and creation of knowledge, develop innovative services, and apply new information technologies to achieve a single overarching purpose: to serve the needs of our users.
Get It For Me
If we don't have what you're looking for, see the Library Help Center for more options.
We'll find you a copy of a book or article and have it delivered to our library for you to check out. For articles, you'll receive an electronic copy of the article. The delivery time varies, depending on how available the item is at other libraries.
For more information about the Library Instruction Program, please contact Library Curriculum and Instruction Developer Brittney Johnson.
Archives & Special Collections
The Archives and Special Collections of St. Edward’s University, housed in the Munday Library, consist of thousands of feet of historically significant materials including paper and electronic records, as well as photographs, films, rare books, and art. The Archives preserves these materials and makes them available to all for research use.
The strengths of the collection are in the history of St. Edward’s University, Catholicism in Texas, Texas Craft Brewing, the South Congress area, English literature, and jazz.
The Library is open and staffed with Librarians:
- Sunday: 1:00pm to 10:00pm
- Monday through Thursday: 7:30am to 10:00pm
- Friday: 7:30am to 5:00pm
Please note that the Library doors are controlled, meaning that they can only be opened with a valid St. Edward's ID or mobile credentials, Monday through Thursday from 6:00pm, and all day Sunday.
Maps and Directions
St. Edward's University
3001 South Congress
Austin, Texas 78704-6489
From Loop 1 (Mopac)/Ben White Boulevard:
- From southbound Loop 1 (Mopac), exit at Loop 360. Stay on Loop 360 when it changes to Highway 71 East.
- Exit at South Congress Avenue.
- Turn left on South Congress Avenue.
- Turn right on Woodward Street. Our campus will be just ahead on the left.
- Turn left at the first campus entrance, Andre Drive.
From Interstate 35:
- From southbound I-35, take the Woodward Street exit (number 231).
- From northbound I-35, exit at Ben White Boulevard. Remain on the access road until you reach Woodward Street.
- Head west on Woodward Street. The campus is ahead on the right.
- Turn right at the second campus entrance, Andre Drive.
For more parking information and additional campus maps, please see Campus Maps and Directions.