Welcome to your Library!
- Munday Library is the main library and archives of St. Edward's University.
- All members of the St. Edward's community can come by to talk with a Librarian, access computers, use a private study room, or socialize, browse, or play games in our Lounge.
- You can access over a million resources in our catalog and Quick Links.
- The Library also houses the Writing Center and Digital Media Center.
- We're here for you! Our staff of friendly librarians would love to work with you. No matter who you are or what you're working on, we can help. If you would like to get some research assistance from a Librarian, you can come by any time during our open hours, or schedule a remote session.
The Munday Library is the result of a $13 million donation from Pat and Bill Munday. Built over 10 months in 2012-2013, it is designed to bring together students and faculty from all disciplines for creative collaboration and to encourage digital and information literacy.
The open and expansive information commons provides access to comfortable study spaces and computers in a variety of settings, including a quiet space for focused study. The commons features free printing, including wireless printing from personal laptops, scanning and copier facilities.
In order to provide the best and most up-to-date resources, with convenient and equitable access for all Hilltoppers, the Library transitioned to a digital-first collection development model in the summer of 2020. We provide over 700,000 e-books, hundreds of thousands of streaming videos, over one hundred subject-specific and general-purpose databases, thousands of scholarly journals, and much more. For more information about our collections, please contact Collection Management Librarian Bonnie Hauser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our welcoming and comfortable Lounge is stocked with newspapers, magazines, puzzles, and board games. Spacious, well-lit work and study areas, including designated quiet zones, provide ample space for collaborative and individual work. Private study rooms with state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment are available to reserve in advance and are ideal for mapping out team projects and honing multimedia presentation skills.
The Library also houses:
- Two Global Digital Classrooms.
- The University Archives, which holds St. Edward’s University historical documents and memorabilia, along with a unique collection of rare books, artifacts, 2,300 jazz records (and three decades of jazz periodicals).
- The Writing Center, a free service for currently enrolled students, faculty and staff to aid with all types of writing, ranging from assigned papers to resumes to Powerpoint presentations.
- The Digital Media Center, which lends digital equipment in addition to providing two video editing stations and a sound recording booth available to the campus community.